Notes #2

Sunday 11 January 2015



Life: Uni started back this week. I have six weeks of summer school until I am officially done with my BA degree! I'm very excited to be finished, but I'm also rather nervous about what comes after that. Mostly, right now, I'm trying to find some balance between school, a bit of work, and my hobbies - this blog and making videos. This week was also my Mum's birthday, so on Thursday we had a lovely family dinner to celebrate her and I managed to get all of us except one nephew in a family photo. That is an accomplishment, indeed. Also, next week is my youngest nephew's 5th birthday! How on earth?!


Food: I went grocery shopping on Tuesday and stocked up on lots of fresh veg, fruit and meat, and I'm basically eating just that, a part from the odd treat (like Brookies). I also picked up a jar of almond butter and it is actual food heaven, I think? I can't believe I haven't tried it before, how insane!

Listening: Lots of The 1975, Ed Sheeran, Arctic Monkeys, Hozier and Ben Howard. I'm still extremely sore about missing out on a ticket to see The 1975 at the Logan Campbell Centre here in Auckland. It's a small, less-than-amazing venue and I would have thought they would draw large enough ticket sales for a bigger venue. Maybe they like to keep it small though? Either way, I am pipped. Better luck next time, I guess.

Beauty: I picked up Essie's Maximillian Strasse-her nail polish, which is an amazing grey-green and I can already tell it's going in my January faves! Also, yesterday I picked up the Trilogy Hydrating Mist Toner, which I'm loving already. It's really refreshing in this heat.

No comments :

Post a Comment